3.12.2007

People don't suck

Nathan's CaringBridge journal has topped over 300,000 visits. I'm not sure how they count, but no matter how they can't, that is a lot of people coming to check in on Nathan and our family a lot of times. Many of those people have also contributed financially directly to our family for medical-related travel and expenses, and also contributed in Nathan's honor to pediatric cancer fundraising events like Lunch For Life and St. Baldrick's.

There are a lot of people who would have helped us out in different ways if we had let them, or asked for it. We could do this alone, but it sure would be a lot harder.

People don't suck. They are, for the most part, pretty incredible and willing and wanting to help those who need it.

6 comments:

Josh said...

It's an amazing thing to discover, because it isn't always obvious.

Anonymous said...

I first learned of Nathan and your family through ivillage Nov. 2005, boards. I'm so glad I did, you are an amazing family. My children and extended family all know of you, I talk to them about the cancer funding cuts and all the joys and heartaches, I've learned so much from "knowing" all of you and always keep you in our thoughts.

Sondra Moore

Megan said...

I am one of those completely random people who checks Nathan's caringbridge site. I sometimes feel ridiculous about how frequently I check it and how excited I get when there is a positive post (positive being a relative term, of course.) I am definitely a non-traditional person with interest in the NB community (I don't think I could go so far as to call myself a member.) I am a volunteer on the inpatient onc floor of my local children's hospital and I have spent a lot of time with a couple of NB patients and their families. One little girl meant the world to me and while I can't begin to understand your experience, I can only imagine. I was first introduced to Nathan through Susan's pictures on Flickr. I am all too familiar with the devastating course stage IV NB can take and I am praying for your family. I am glad to see that with all his suffering, Nathan has such a wonderful supportive family. I know I am a stranger, but if I can do anything to help, I am more than willing to.

Megan

Unknown said...

Thanks, Megan.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!